Last Updated on
WordPress 3.0 is scheduled to be released around May 1st, 2010 and there are some excellent new features being added including:
- Choose your Username and Password
- New Default Theme – Yay! No more ugly default theme.
- Custom Background Support
- Multi-site Capabilities and WPMU Codebase Merge
- Custom Post Types
- Custom Taxonomies
- Easy Menu Management
- Welcome Guide
- Specific Author Templates
To read more about the proposed new features and what they mean for WordPress users, read Rohan Mehta’s “10 Features to Look Forward to in WordPress 3.0“.